On a regular basis our customers ask us what they can do to maintain their solar panels and help improve the efficiency of their home solar system. They also want to ensure that they are getting a good return on their investment!
Below are a few maintenance tips to ensure you keep up your panels running efficiently and continue to produce clean energy.
- Solar panels will work effortlessly for many years and don’t require a lot of maintenance. However, it is important to regularly check the panels and make sure that everything is working properly.
- Check your solar inverters, ensuring that all LEDs are green which indicates normal operation.
- It is important to keep solar panels out of the shade and to trim nearby trees. Shade prevents solar energy from hitting the panels and could cause your panels not to function properly.
- Remove debris from your solar panels as this can impact on your solar panels’ ability to function consistently and produce electricity. Look out for leaves or branches blocking the sunlight from getting into the solar panel. Also, birds could use the solar panels as a place to sit and this can lead to droppings accumulating on the solar panel.
- Cleaning is generally recommended during the evening or early morning, and not when it’s hot. Please also avoid spraying cold water on the panels.
- Check the electrical wiring and connections to your solar panels. These can become corroded over time or even get chewed by animals. This will mean less power produced from your solar panels.
If you’re looking to learn more updating existing panels or getting maintenance done on your solar system contact our team today. We will be happy to help you with maintenance and updates to your solar panels.